skip to main content

Online Registration


 If your child is new to CUSD, please complete your registration on-line.
When you complete your registration, you will be required to bring in proof/documents. See below.


When registering your student please bring with you the following items:
Verification of residency inside CUSD attendance area of parent, licensed foster parent, or California Superior Court-appointed legal guardian. For initial enrollment, parent or guardian must provide two documents from the list below (P.O. Box addresses are NOT accepted)
  • Utility bill (current electric, gas or water/sewer bill)
  • Current mortgage statement or rental agreement
  • Rental agreement
  • Property tax bill
If the above-described documents are not available, the parent/legal guardian may offer other documents as proof of residence. Examples of these documents are:
  • Bank statements
  • Moving company receipts
  • Service letter from a utility company verifying residency
  • An escrow statement followed by verification of closing documents is also acceptable
Proof of withdrawal from the previous school/district is required upon enrollment (secondary only)
Proof of Age is required:
  • Official or Certified Copy of the birth record
  • A statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth
  • A baptismal certificate or official hospital record of birth
  • A Passport, or
  • When none of the above is obtainable, an Affidavit for Proof of Age of Minor signed by the student's parent/legal guardian may be accepted.
Proof of Immunization Records are required for certifying up-to-date immunizations for each student. Click here for an explanation of the student health requirements (English | Spanish) for school entry including TB skin testing, immunizations, and examinations. Note the new state immunization requirements for students entering Grade 7.
health checkup (physical examination) is required for all children entering first grade, however, the District encourages parents to obtain the health exam prior to or during the child's kindergarten year. The health exam will qualify if it is done 6 months prior to kindergarten entry or 18 months prior to first grade entry.
Emergency telephone numbers are required, including an out-of-state emergency number.
Other Documents and Information:
  • An academic transcript or report card from your previous school.
  • (Prior school records will be requested by the school in which your child enrolls.)
  • For Special Education students: Current or most recent IEP and Assessments
  • For GATE (gifted and talented) students: Prior test scores and/or certification forms
  • For EL (English Learners) Students: a copy of current CELDT scores, if available.
(Prior school records will be requested by the school in which your child enrolls.)